The “transitional” arches, and the nail head moulding at the top of one of the columns, and the Norman round headed arch over the door. The simple rustic east window, with interlaced mullions in early Decorated style, dating from about 1280-90. The square leaded window to the south of the Altar in “Perpendicular” style. The Piscina bowl, used for the washing of the Communion vessels to the right of the Altar. Also the Sedilla, or priests seats. Both are medieval and probably date from the original building of the Chapel.
The 15th Century Font in the North Chapel, the base and lid are Victorian, for when it was in use in the new Church.
On the north wall of the north aisle are memorials to the Unsworth and Mather families, as Lords of the Manor, both had certain Manorial rights over this part of the Chapel still known today as the Unsworth Chapel. Beneath the black and white marble and slate floor lay five members of the Unsworth family, interred between 1796 and 1842.
In 1740 Elizabeth Sherdley, wife of Ralph Sherdley, Curate of Maghull 1729-43, was laid to rest in the Chancel. The stone in the floor is marked “ES – 1740”. Others interred in the Chapel are Helen Formby in 1844 and her 3 years old son Richard in 1828, both lie beneath the Altar.
High on the ledge of the west wall of the Chancel, not its original position, is a pillar-like object which was once thought to be a pedestal baptismal font, but is now considered to be a shaft on which a sundial stood.
In the corner by the railings is a stone bowl, this is either a holy water stoop or a cresset, that is an early sanctuary lamp.
The chain to the left of the Altar secured the “Chained Book of Homilies”, which was purchased, in 1729 from Thos. Grice of Ormskirk, at a cost of 12/6 (62.5p). High in the south-west corner of the Chancel is the entrance to the Bell Cote, the bell is dated 1709.
To the left of the door on the way out of the Chapel is an 18th Century iron bound Alms Box which is still in use today with all offerings going towards the upkeep of the Chapel, the oldest ecclesiastical building still in constant religious use on Merseyside.